Thursday, June 13, 2013



I need a new Doctor.

It’s not that I don’t like my doctor, I do. It’s not that he’s not a good doctor, he’s a very good doctor.

So why do I need a new doctor?

Because the put him in a call center. That’s right, I can no longer call my doctor’s office. I can no longer talk to anyone on my doctor’s staff. I can no longer talk to my doctor.
I talk to a call center.

The people at the call center have no idea who I am, and after holding to get my call answered they ask for ALL of my information, way more than they need, to identify me. Then they pull up my chart. Then I deal with them, people who have NO medical experience or knowledge.
There is no contact between me and my doctor.
There is no contact between me and ANYONE on the doctor’s staff who talks to the doctor.

It takes a week to get any feedback on anything. It takes 15 minutes to a half hour to deal with the people on the phone to get anything done.

On top of this my doctor’s office was moved. Sutter Health moved him out of his office of 20 years (along with a bunch of others) where I know nobody, I think his staff might have gotten changed as well. So just stopping by to talk to anyone there has gotten difficult as well.

So thank you Sutter Medical. You have successfully come between me and my doctor.

So I need a new doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please try to keep the comments clean and civil.