Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Quick Question

For those of you who have been looking at the chapters I put up recently on my Patreon Account, do you think I should continue that story in 3rd person, or go back and do it in 1st?

For the rest of you who have read what I've published so far, the same question: Do you prefer my 1st person viewpoint style over the 3rd person, or does it make no difference to you?

Really been wondering about that a lot lately. I've been doing the current story in 3rd, because the story is in the Hammer Commission universe, and that story was written in third for a couple of particular reasons. But the POI series is all in 1st (as well as the COS stories) and I'm wondering if I should take the story I'm currently working on (King of Las Vegas) and flip it over to 1st person instead.

As I'm about a third into KOLV, I'd need to make that change soon, if I'm going to make it at all. But I'm curious as to which style my readers prefer.

Comments welcome!

3 comments:

  1. I'd go with the same style as Hammer Commission, unless 1st person feels more natural.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caution spoiler warning!!!
    I think using the 3rd perspective in POI and other would help in some scenes.
    Like when William does some of his champion stuff in our ordinary world. Only in 2nd or 3rd perspective it would possible to describe the astonishment of the baffled bystanders. For William it would just his normal way of doing thing. Just imagine the end of POI book Five from Agent Addison view. How a man, he just shot, just healed himself and then left through a interdimensional portal. Why his bullet did not work as expected. How frantic he searched where the man has gone. And so on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd keep it the same as the rest of the series, switching now would be almost as bad as switching in the middle of the book for how jarring it would be to someone reading the books in order. on the other hand if you wanted to change the viewpoint of the POI series now would be a good time since the consecutive books are over and a change like that would give some mental separation from what came before.

    ReplyDelete

Please try to keep the comments clean and civil.