Saturday, July 30, 2016

Haven't posted in a couple of weeks

Hi all, Just noticed I hadn't posted in almost two weeks. Not a lot has been going on, the new novel is out to the beta readers, I really need to come up with a title for it. Come Monday I'll start doing a grammar edit on it, maybe even see if I should send it out to my editor. I really do wish someone made a program that actually could fix grammar (I believe I have mentioned this here before) but so much of grammar is subjective, and the rules are so loose, that's it not possible for the English language. Which of course is why no body does it.

So, yes, been busy with that, an with a few side projects under a pen name. Now that all of that is out of the way, I need to start working on the next novel, as I've fallen a bit behind. I wanted to be pushing out the fourth novel for the year by this time, instead I'm only pushing out the third. I know I'll get two more done before the end of the year, but I'd sorta hoped to do six this year, and not just five.

Well, the best laid plans, after all, right?

As for what's new? Nothing really, just lots of work. I lowered the prices on all my paperbacks by about a dollar, by pulling them out of 'expanded distribution' which really wasn't giving me any sales. Most of my sales were via Amazon, so by getting rid of that option it allowed me to drop my prices more, to (hopefully) make my paperbacks more appealing to Amazon shoppers. I know I'm not a name author, so I don't want to charge name author prices. By charging significantly less, I figure folks who only read paperbacks are more likely to buy one of mine.

I also need to see about going to more cons and selling stuff there. That would be completely new territory for me, I've never sold stuff at a con before. But I'm thinking that I probably should consider it. I just wish there were more cons near where I live. It's like a cultural wasteland in this town.

So, that's it for me mostly. Just work and more work. Thanks all!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:57 PM

    https://www.grammarly.com
    Maybe this can help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly no, it doesn't work.
    First, it doesn't work with anything over a couple thousand words.
    Second, it -only- works with the new MS Word, which I won't use because I hate that F***ing ribbon.

    I know because I bought it, found out I couldn't use it, and had to return it.
    So no, their product doesn't work either. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to the next book. As for pricing have you ever check out authorearnings.com? They did a detailed analysis on romance books in july. While I don't read romance I'd say their overall analysis matches my buying habits. The 2.99 - 3.99 price is what I tend to buy. I've had several authors I like move to 4.99 and I've had to stop reading them. Most of your books I've read via KU first but if I later reread them then a buy them. I figure that gets you paid twice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keith,

    Yes, I have read their stuff. I did try an experiment at one point and tried to move to the 4.99 price point on some longer stuff, but it didn't work out, so I reduced the price to 3.99.

    The new book should be live sometime tonight or tomorrow, I'll post a link of it here on my blog in the morning. It's priced at $2.99

    ReplyDelete

Please try to keep the comments clean and civil.