Thursday, August 18, 2016

So yeah, Amazon and guns on covers in advertisments.

Got called by Amazon's advertising department today about my complaint on their killing my ad.

They weren't pleased to be calling me, and while they claim they weren't giving me the brushoff, I'm not so sure. The reason for why it was canceled was pretty much bull. Then again, this 'new' direction that they've been taking for a while is pretty much bull as well. Special snowflakes needing to be protected from pictures that might hurt their fragile psyches.

Whatever. I suspect eventually they'll be policing our covers as well, but not yet at least.

So on a brighter note, my battles over the problems with them changing my categories did not go unrewarded. I changed categories on the book 'The Hammer Commission' which is the book that comes before 'Wolf Killer' and guess what? In only 24 hours the changes went through! Awesome.

Also, Hammer Commission is in the top 100 in two categories. Hopefully that will spread to more as well. I honestly did not expect to see sales on that book as well, but I'm rather glad I am. Now if only I could find the time to actually WRITE this week. All of this stuff going on has really been cutting into my writing time.

Oh, and thanks for your patronage, as always. I do appreciate it very much!
-John

1 comment:

  1. Just ordered Hammer commission. I loved the preview on amazon, and am excited to "sink my teeth into it". Ok bad pun. Like you I work in High Tech (anti submarine warfare) and love a good escape. Just wanted to drop you a line and say keep up the good work......And don't crumble to the P.C. police.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete

Please try to keep the comments clean and civil.