Monday, July 25, 2022

A Brief Intermission

 Just letting you know that it probably won't be until September until I publish another book. There are a couple of reasons for this, of course, none of which fall under the category of 'Bad'.

The first is that I'd been planning to take about a month off after LiberyCon. Unfortunately, that got postponed a week, as I was behind schedule on getting 'No Place Like Home' out. I'd hoped to get away for a week or two, as in travel, but things are still messed up in a lot of the rest of the country and the last thing I wanted to have happen was to be forced into some pointless quarantine. Especially as the governor in one of those places is a couple asshat (and I'm not talking about California this time either). 

Of course I had a LOT of things at home that needed attention and I spent a couple of weeks wrenching on my motorcycles which have been poorly neglected for the last year. Then there were a lot of non-writing writing work that I wanted to get done, and a fair deal of it did get done. But there's still a lot more to do and thankfully I now have help with that.

There's also some stuff I had to do for Baen Books, in regards to the book I have coming out with them come December. 

Now, going forward, I want to get the sequel to that book done. Once that's done, it goes to Baen, so that will also slow down anything new coming out. I have a number of things in my head right now as well that I want to get down in some sort of outline form, because I've got a lot of things I want to write now. Some of it is POI, some of it is Valens, and some of it is completely new stuff. I'm hoping that will make everyone happy, including the WTM folks who can't figure out what to write unless they're ripping off me or my friends. 

I will be at FenCon in Dallas this September, though I don't know how long I'll be there on any individual day as I have Very Large Dogs and I can't just leave them in the house for long periods of time. But I will try to make the most of it.

So yes, unfortunately I may not have anything new out until September or October, but I am back to work. I really did need a break where I wasn't thinking about things writing and deadlines or the rest of that. It's been about five years since I've been able to do that. I did tell my Patrons on Patreon and SubscribeStar about it, but I hadn't mentioned elsewhere really, so I figured I'd put this out here.

Hope you're all doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please try to keep the comments clean and civil.