Sunday, February 11, 2024

Taking Ground is NOT a 'novella'. It's a bit long for that! :-D

 Okay, this is a first. Someone's review of Taking Ground is that it's 'too short it's a Novella'.

Now, a Novella is typically defined as 17.5K words to 39.999K words.

Taking Ground is just a bit shy of 100K words. 

So depending on where on the scale you want to pick that means Taking Ground has somewhere between Five or Two and a half Novella's in it. Novels start at 40K words btw.

I can only blame the new math. Or maybe myself? Maybe I just write that well that people don't realize just how long the book really is?

Hmmm, maybe that was a compliment? 

:-D

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:38 PM

    I know they always seem way too short for me! But I am a fast reader. It’s always wait I can’t be done with this book yet! I just got it! But that’s why I’ve reread everything you’ve written about 5 times except for the Valens Legacy that one about 10 to 15 times probably definitely not more than 20!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:21 AM

    It's a definite can't put down from me... Which may be why it seemed shorter to some people... I have to say... really can't wait for the rest of this series...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valentine9:44 PM

    I admit that I didn't care for the first book in the series. I just found all of the main characters to be a bit too dumb. I did not read the sequel, but I did borrow it on Kindle Unlimited and page all the way through it. I will do this with the next one also.

    I am eagerly awaiting the next Valen's Heritage novel and the next PoI book, plus whatever else gets published.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:35 PM

    I love this series more than words can express. I am dying to read book three. So happy with your writing.

    ReplyDelete

Please try to keep the comments clean and civil.