Monday, September 16, 2013

And this counts as hard science fiction?

So, I saw this book on Amazon that is in the top 40 for science fiction, hard science fiction.

Now it wasn't a bad story, though one of the main themes was apparently how much sex a female android could have with other women in the future. Yes there was science fiction in the story, but it was listed as a hard science fiction story. It was more space opera than science fiction. The writing was okay and the story was okay.

But I think most people would agree that in the realm of science fiction, I'm a better writer. Because well, I actually write science fiction. And my stories do not center around sex.

But this story is outselling me by at least a hundred to one.

I think I do need to get better covers, which will mean spending more money. Don't need to work on writing skills, spelling, grammar, or even story. Cause I got most of the folks in the top one hundred tied or beat on that. Maybe I also need to put more sex in the stories too. Like say one good sex scene in each chapter? And maybe make almost all of it lesbian sex. Cause wow, even in science fiction lesbian sex appears to be more important than story, or anything else.

I guess I really have no idea what it takes to write an indie best seller, cause what is making the list these days in many cases just isn't all that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please try to keep the comments clean and civil.