Friday, September 26, 2014

POI Book 3: I still need a name...

Well book three is about two thirds complete at this point. I was hoping to have the first draft complete by Tuesday, but I don't think that's going to happen now as Tuesday is going to be a travel day. My target of releasing book 3 by Halloween is still on, I'm hoping to have the first draft done by the 10th, if not sooner.

I'm not sure yet how much about the story I want to reveal at this point, though a fair deal will take place on Saladin. Yes there are quite a few hanging threads left from book 2 that will eventually be dealt with, but I won't tell you exactly when. I do think a fair deal of them should be tied up by book 4. In general the overall arc is set, it just comes down to how many words it takes to get through certain story lines in the books.

The gap between book 3 and book 4 will be a larger one, mainly because of the Holidays and some traveling that I will have to do during that period, as well as wanting to spend some time with my family. I've been getting a few requests for another book in the Children of Steel universe, and there already is a bit of plot development sitting around. So I may do that up before book 4 of Portals Of Infinity comes out. But I don't think it will be too long a wait, right now I think March is the latest that book 4 will come out. Half of book 4 is already plotted out, I just need to commit it to paper.

And as I said in the headline, I still need a title for book 3. Sometimes titles are elusive for me and I need to finish the story before I can find it.

Paperback version of book 2 should be available in a little over a week.

The Audio Book version of book one should come out in November, and if the response is good book two will follow that.

And as always, thanks to all of you for buying and reading my stories.

5 comments:

  1. Took me awhile to get to actually read the series but I have to say thank you. It's been age since a series has truly grabbed me and not let go. Love the speed of the series as well as the content. It truly allows for the reader to be encompassed in the journey of the characters. Have you thought about also introducing journeys that will include mythos from the east as well? Sorry if this is a little gushing but being disabled in Alaska I've got a lot of reading time so authors that write books that I really can enjoy are my biggest heroes. Are there any similarities between portals and your other series? Thanks and keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard for me to say how much like Portals my Scifi and my One Urban Fantasy novel is. Yes they were both written by me, but they are different worlds.
    I would say to check the sample on The Hammer Commission to see if you like that.
    Same for Children of Steel.
    As for other mythos, I can only say 'maybe'. There are a lot of mythos out there, for both the east, the west, and both south and north America.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just thought that the whole concept of the great greek journey that was in the god game opened an opportunity to have the myths of other areas as well. Like having another journey that would parallel the Chinese epic Journey to the West, or even Japan's Momotaro epic. Truly an infinite concept :D But truly can't wait for book 3. Got faith that I'm gonna love it no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As to similarities to your other books I meant more in the way of tone and style. Sure I'm wondering if the content of the other books is on the same level as the portals novels. That's one of the things that impressed me with the series was that it made no bones as to who the intended audience was. Are the other series intended for adults or is it meant for young adults?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pretty much write for adults. I think my tone and style have changed some over time as I've improved as a writer, but I feel that all my books basically have the same tone overall.
    The Hammer Commission was written in a 3rd person, not a 1st person view. Some of my upcoming projects will also probably be written in 3rd person. I'm really not sure which view point my readers would prefer.That's about the only style thing I think that might change at times.

    ReplyDelete

Please try to keep the comments clean and civil.