Friday, October 30, 2015

Amazon owes me money...

Yeah, so Amazon screwed up and didn't pay out their royalties this month.

To anybody.

When you're a full time writer, and that's your income, that's kind of rough. Now they did pay out for all of the foreign stores, so that was enough to cover all the small bills, but things like the mortgage, my car payment?
Yeah, those are gonna be late.

Hey all of you who pirate my stuff! How about tossing me a little cash via the donate button so I can eat next month?

And Jeff, I'm willing to go back to QA work for a while to fix your problems, I sent you my resume, give me a call! You obviously need a QA director at KDP, because you have live production servers linking to dev ones. That's a pretty bad problem. But so is not paying people.

8 comments:

  1. Don't they have 24 hour tech support for this kind of thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope! Eventually, after ten thousand complaints or so, they sent everyone an email saying we'll get paid on the second.
    So, we're all hoping...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't bought the new book (I can read it via Kindle unlimited) but send a donation instead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hauke Sattler, THANK YOU! That was very kind of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to read a lot of books on Kindle Unlimited and then buy them after I finish if I like them or want to support the author. Does it make any difference if I read it first on Unlimited then buy it once finished? Think here is a good place to ask outside of Amazon.

    Essentially if I buy the book after I read it on Unlimited does Amazon remove the counter from the unlimited program since I bought it? Or is the counter kept?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, Amazon is horrible with informing people of new books. I have you as one of my Followed authors so I'm suppose to get an email when ever you post a new book. Still haven't gotten one for your new book. Just lucky I saw it in my recommendations.

    Also, Hauke, Stry does have a Patreon account if you want to do monthly donations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you read it on unlimited first, and then buy it, the author will get the money for the unlimited read, and then the sale. You can't read it on unlimited after you've bought it.

    So yes, reading it on unlimited first and then buying it is best for the author. I have no idea what happens with the counter as far as your kindle goes, but the author will get paid for every page you read.

    As for the notifications, I saw that some of them went out last night or today (because that's when I got it). I'm not even asked by Amazon if I want to send it out, until the book has been on sale for a couple of days. Why it runs so late, I have no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Charlie Bradley
    Donating to his Patreon account would NOT have helped him immediately.
    My goal was to help him over the tight spot right at that moment.
    And I'm not really comfortable with commiting myself with a monthly payment.

    ReplyDelete

Please try to keep the comments clean and civil.