Saturday, April 30, 2016

It should be legal to kill people who forge your debit cards

Yup, got hit today, lost $1000. Hopefully the bank will return it to me, as it was fraud (they didn't even steal my card, they made a duplicate. See how well those chips work?) Of course now I have to hope that I get enough money back so that the bills I paid on Friday don't bounce.

Also, I hope I get the money back in time to be able to commission a cover by my artist, who is money up front. I was going to do that tonight or tomorrow, but not enough money in the bank anymore. As my bank doesn't open until Monday, I can't get a new card, or access my money at all. Good thing I keep some cash around the house or I'd be totally tapped out.

This is the second time in 30 days I've been ripped off. Last time was a credit card. Now I'm starting to wonder if I'm just unlucky, or if someone has decided to pick on me. All in all, it really sucks.

1 comment:

  1. The chip probably wasn't the problem. A lot of really stupid businesses have machines that don't use the chip and just allow swipe without even entering a pin. It's ridiculously stupid that they don't have an updated one somewhere where you can blow 1000 dollars. The chip just limits where the fake card can be used.

    ReplyDelete

Please try to keep the comments clean and civil.