Sunday, May 28, 2017

*shakes head*

I got dinged by a reviewer because they think that a leopard is not a panther and thinks that the hero changed species halfway through the book. *sigh*. A leopard is a panther, and vice versa. Yes at one time they thought there were two species, because there is some size variation, depending on location. It was later discovered that no, panthers and leopards are the exact same species. I think that was in the 50's or the 60's. But it may have been sooner.

As someone who used to own a black leopard/panther, I can tell you that anyone who tells you differently really doesn't know the subject.

But still, you'd think people would at least investigate before going off on an author? But then, people are completely ignoring the warnings about what the book contains and then are complaining about the lack of warnings that the ignored. Too bad I'm not allowed to address reviews under the pen name. Or I'd point a few of these things out :-/  Then again, it's probably better that I don't.

1 comment:

  1. The funny thing about that comment is that if you prefer accuracy, using the term panther is what is wrong and not leopard. I mean, I have seen that word used for jaguars as well and according to the wiki people even use it for cougars.

    Of course, in the end you can point out the error, but it would hardly change the opinion on the book. The damage is done. It is why sometimes authors/script writers purposely use incorrect facts since nobody believes the truth. People, and I include myself on that list, are odd that way.

    ReplyDelete

Please try to keep the comments clean and civil.