Monday, December 25, 2017

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Everyone

I want to thank you all for making this a good year for me. I'd also like to let you all know that book #5 (When It Falls) is finished, and I'm in the process of doing the re-write and looking for grammar and other issues. The Beta readers all have it, and I hope they have the time to get back to me in a few days, with the holidays and all of that.

I need to do a minor re-write on a couple of scenes, I'll hopefully get to that tomorrow, as today will be too busy with company and making dinner (I'm the cook in the house and I make a lot for the holidays). The plan is to release it on the 28th. It won't be in pre-release for the simple reason that they lock the book down three days prior to release, and honestly I suspect I'll not be hearing back from my Beta readers until the 27th because of the holidays.

There will be a book #6, there's just way too much going on for there not to be.

Once book #6 is in the can, I will sit down and plot out the next arc in the story. I don't know if it'll be called 'The Valens Legacy' or if I'll give it a slightly different name, I don't even know how many books that arc will be, but it will continue on the story, as Sean and his wives move on to the next obvious goal.

I'm also hoping to write some side stories, I don't know if they'll be shorts, or if they'll be novella's. I have to see how the storyboarding goes for the next arc, and what the scheduling looks like, but I would really like to write a story for each of the girls, showing just how they got to where they are. There is a lot of back story on all of them. But most of it's either in my head or in the story bible and my notes. I think some of you would enjoy learning more about them.

POI #8 - I still want to write this, the plan for some time has been to write it between #6 and the next arc. I'm still hoping to be able to stick to that plan. I just need to learn to write faster and see if I can figure out how to add more hours to the day.

So again, thank you for your patronage, I am humbled by how much you all like my stories.

6 comments:

  1. Ended up here after finding your WP blog link (and yes, WordPress is a huge pain and not intuitive at all!) through a GoofErie article. Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do! You seem to be a prolific writer. I look forward to getting to know your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like my work, and yes, I do like to write.

      I am curious how the GoofErie site led you to me however. I don't think I commented on the Lake Effect story.

      Delete
    2. Ah. It showed that you liked my comment (gotta love the people that just don't get satire) so I clicked to see who you were, and it led me to your WP site. I thought your tagline ("going broke") was funny, so I clicked the link to this blog from your post. And here I am.

      Delete
  2. Not to be the guy who harasses authors about release dates, but I may have binge read all four books of Valens legacy in the last 30 hours and was wondering if the 5th ones still coming out soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just waiting on one last thing that was delayed due to the holidays (which I forgot to take NY's into account). So, hopefully, it'll be out in the next day or two.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the response sounds good, I appreciate that you're an author who communicates. Looking forward to the next book!

      Delete

Please try to keep the comments clean and civil.