Monday, August 31, 2015

*sigh* Looks Like Lost Souls is a flop. Edit (Maybe not?)

Well, apparently no one likes 'Lost Souls', while I did get a few positive emails, I haven't gotten a single review on Amazon. So sales, which started off okay, have dropped significantly. It's still getting some reads in KU, but again, with no reviews after a week, people aren't going to give it a shot.

I might finish the next book I wrote for that 'world' as it is already half done, remember I wrote these mostly for myself, for fun, but it's on the back burner now, so it'll be a while. My beta readers all thought it was a great story and would do well, but I guess not. I wonder if I should just pull it and release it under a pen name? Maybe people don't expect that kind of story from me?

I don't know, but if it doesn't pick up a lot of reviews by Tuesday, and if sales don't come up, it's dead.

But this shows how important reviews are, if you like a book, and you don't review it, don't expect the author to write another one like it. Because reviews sell books, and without reviews, we won't write those stories

Edit: Apparently the KU borrows on it (which I normally don't pay attention to, because under the old system those weren't worth much to me) are continuing to go up. So while I may not get many sales, I may get borrows. Strange, never had more borrows on a book than sales, but this is getting about 10 times as many. So it may NOT be a flop after all.

2 comments:

  1. You asked for reviews on Lost Souls, I read it and honestly, I'm not too trilled about it.
    This book is not in the same class as your other books.
    The twist and plot was too predictable, the characters are not developed enough.
    Lastly the Lost Souls lacks mostly your kind of unique humor.

    The story is NOT bad, it is just missing the highlights to make it a good one.
    I didn't want to ruin your Amazon rating, so I wrote here.

    Sorry again but I'm used to read better stories from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hauke Sattler, Thank you for that comment, I do appreciate it.
    Yes, it was written differently, and was supposed to be a bit 'darker' and all that stuff. I'm wondering now if I should just pull it and put it out under a different name.

    And wow, I have a unique sense of humor! I always knew it! I'm just shocked someone else gets it!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please try to keep the comments clean and civil.