Saturday, May 14, 2016

This time it's Amazon issues

Sometimes I can't win for losing. The new book is selling well, it's ranked about 3400 overall on Amazon right now and will hopefully continue to get lower numbers. BUT Amazon is NOT ranking the book in it's categories. When it fell below 4000 it should have shown up in the top 100 of all of it's categories. BUT they're not ranking it.

Why? No idea. So I sent them an email at 6am
Then at 12 noon
then again at 3:30.

Nothing. Without it getting ranked, it won't show up in the top 100 lists, which or any other lists, which is the Amazon promotion that gets other people, who haven't read my stuff to read it. It is a key part of the Amazon sales demographic. And Amazon isn't doing it for me, and they're not fixing it. This will kill the entire launch if not fixed soon.

I am so screwed. Again. Obviously the universe doesn't want me to be an author anymore.

Edit:

Here's a picture of the relevant stuff to show that yes, I did it right:

4 comments:

  1. Does your book have categories? When I look at the book's page I don't see any categories (ranked or unranked).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it has categories. Amazon however ISN'T showing them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, from the post it seemed like it wasn't ranking rather than failing to rank and show categories. I hope Amazon resolves it for you quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're not resolving it quickly. They're not doing anything. I've written about 7 emails so far, and engaged their help center via twitter, who did NOTHING.
    Apparently they all go home for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Please try to keep the comments clean and civil.