Monday, January 30, 2017

So, yesterday was busy...

And I'm sort of playing hooky by writing this instead of getting back into working on Present Tense today. Part of this is because I just ran into this huge tower that wasn't in the outline, and now I have to decide what to do with it.

Yes, these things do happen to authors. I'd always heard about it, didn't believe it, but then it started happening to me on occasion.

So like I said, yesterday was busy, because it ended up a work day. I wrote up the first three chapters (was only supposed to be two) for the proposal for an editor to see if they like it. I haven't heard back yet, so I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. If they don't like it, I think I'll just ask them what exactly do they want, and then try and see if I can deliver that or not.

I also spent an hour beating my head against the wall while trying to deal with my Credit Union's software, thankfully a phone call cleared that up this morning, but still. It wasn't fun. If it keeps up I'll go elsewhere, but I've been with them for about 25 years, so changing isn't something I'm exactly thrilled to do.

I also spent yesterday doing some set up work for the people who do my audio books currently. I had to put together some information for the next two that they're doing, to hopefully make it easier for the voice actor and producer. I'm still incredibly happy that they want to do more of my stuff. And I'm also happy that the stuff they already did is selling so well. They're good people, they deserve the sales. Plus I make money too, which is also good.

I think I may make another post later today about the fact that I write stories primarily aimed at men (unlike just about everyone else these days) and how I don't feel guilty about it, and I don't like it when people think I should.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:57 AM

    Hi John,
    Maybe I missed it, but are you still writing the next Portals of Infinity? Your website says you had planned to start in December 2016.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I will be writing the next Portals of Infinity (#8). I hope to start it next month (March).

      Delete
    2. Anonymous11:41 AM

      Thanks, looking forward to it!

      Delete

Please try to keep the comments clean and civil.