Tuesday, March 27, 2018

How to Build a Bass Guitar

Or how I did it at least. I play bass as a hobby, been doing it for years. I also like to build things, and I saw this DIY Steinberger clone kit to build your own bass guitar. So I figured, why not? I'd been thinking of buying a Steinberger Spirit bass, because they're smaller and easier to travel on airplanes with, but no one around here sells 'em.

So I bought the kit and built my own. Took me three weeks or so, because of paint curing and finish curing times. I wrote up the steps and put a few pictures of the finished product at the bottom of the page here:

Link > How to Build a Bass Guitar

Think I'll do a P-bass next. But I might do that without a kit, see as everyone who sells kits are out of stock.

3 comments:

  1. You did not underline the link. It looks like plain text.

    http://www.vanstry.net/vanstry/Solo%20Bass%20Build.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason, blogger doesn't underline links. I put a tag next to it.

      Delete
  2. May I simply just say what a relief to discover someone that actually knows what they are talking about online. You actually know how to bring an issue to light and make it important. A lot more people ought to look at this and understand this side of the story. It's surprising you aren't more popular given that you definitely possess the gift. Bass Guitars

    ReplyDelete

Please try to keep the comments clean and civil.