Sunday, May 03, 2015

Status on the next book

I'm currently working on the next novel in the 'Children of Steel' universe (I really need a better name for that universe, but that was the name of the first book I wrote in it). This book will be a sequel to that first book, picking up about where Children of Steel left off.

Right now I'm about 50K words into the first draft, it will not be as long as the first book (which was over 170K!), though if it does well in the market, there will be more released in that 'universe'.

This is a bit of a risk for me, but I have gotten quite a few requests for a sequel, so I decided to take the time to honor them, and see if there was enough of a demand to write a line of stories there, as well as the current POI series. As I hope to publish in a few more weeks, I will just have to wait and see.

As for the next Portals of Infinity book in the series, right now I have the basic plot and the title:  Demigods and Deities. (Yes, sometimes I do come up with a title before I start a book!) I will be starting work on Book Five as soon as I finish the current COS story and send it off to my proofreader. My target date for publication on Book Five is currently set for the end of June.

And no, the title does not mean this story will have something to do with the old D&D book with a similar name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please try to keep the comments clean and civil.