Sunday, May 26, 2024

Why don't people read anymore?

 I'm serious about this. Too many people just 'skim' books, they don't read them. So they REALLY don't know what's going on in the story, they miss a lot of the side plot and minor arcs. This leads to them not understanding the story, or even knowing what the story is really about.

It's like going into an expensive restuarant, burying your face in an expensive dish and rooting about like a pig on the plate just mashing your face into everything.

1 comment:

  1. Phillip7:35 AM

    I believe that a portion of the issue is the way social media sites like TikTok and Instagram have structured themselves. While quick fixes of dopamine are very rewarding in the short term, long term they are detrimental to focus and attention span. I have also felt that there is a general lack of respect for written media lately. I've always loved books and manga more for the stories of the best AND the worst that humans can and have done for and against each other. BTW I have really enjoyed your recent book series on the wolfhound. I hope the next one comes out soon!

    ReplyDelete

Please try to keep the comments clean and civil.